Interoperability and Patient Access: Payer to Payer Exchange
The Interoperability and Patient Access rule (CMS-9115-F) makes it easier for members to get their health records. This allows you to manage your health better and know what resources are available to you.
The Payer-to-Payer Data Exchange part of the rule allows members to request that their health records go with them as they switch health plans.
- You can request that we receive your health records from a prior health plan through your secure member portal homepage heading “Manage Your Data”.
- Health records may be shared for up to five years after disenrollment from a plan.
- If you want another health plan to receive your health records from us, please contact that plan directly.
- Currently, this includes certain clinical data, such as lab test results, vital signs, clinical notes, procedures, and current medications.
- Records shared will date back to January 1, 2016.